|Join the CSA
Members: Sponsor a candidate's membership application by logging into the Members Only Area.
Non-Members: Initiate your own membership application.
Membership Application Requirements
- All applications for membership must be submitted online; no paper submissions will be accepted.
Sponsors & Endorsers
- The sponsor must be an Active or Senior member of the Central Surgical Association.
- The application must also be endorsed by one Active or Senior member.
- It is the responsibility of the sponsor to assure that candidates for membership have had enough time in their academic or community practice to develop their patient care and scientific skills, as well as to establish significant teaching and administrative responsibilities.
- Sponsors should initiate applications for individuals who, if elected to membership, will participate actively in the Association and its meetings.
- The Membership Committee may contact the sponsor and/or the endorser to provide more details.
- The CSA urges candidates to share work history information and highlights, so the sponsor and endorser are prepared with references. Special attention should be paid to the following areas when providing reference details:
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Teaching Responsibilities
- Hospital Undergraduate
- University Graduate
- Regional & National Awards
- For candidates who have pursued a career in a community/hospital setting, it is important for the sponsor and endorser to be able to comment on the applicant’s contribution in this area.
- For candidates applying for membership for a second or third time, it is important that the sponsor and endorser emphasize the increased achievements or responsibilities of the candidate since the last application. Submission of the same letter which accompanied the first application may have a detrimental effect on the candidate’s chances of selection.
Optional Letters of Support:
- The application form may be supported by an optional letter of support, written and signed by the sponsor and/or the endorser, but this is not required.
- Optional letter(s) must be included in the online application by the deadline.
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae must accompany the application.