|Deadline: January 20, 2020||Recipients||Apply Now|
provided by Elsevier, Inc.
The Central Surgical Association Foundation offers two annual awards, the Enrichment Award* and the Turcotte Award, each in the amount of $20,000, to support surgical scholarship and research as well as to advance the science of surgery. The deadline to apply is January 20, 2020.
The mission of the Central Surgical Association Foundation (CSAF) is to enrich the discipline of surgery and the surgical careers of members of the Central Surgical Association. This goal is achieved by supporting grant proposals that will broaden the horizon of surgery and surgeons including the support of projects that may not be funded from other sources. The CSAF welcomes proposals for support of a wide spectrum of projects including surgical ethics, education, epidemiology, biostatistics, health care delivery, and computer science, as well as traditional, clinical, or laboratory research.
Who Should Apply?
The applicant or the principal investigator must be a member in good standing of the Central Surgical Association. The applicant will need to explain how the CSA member is directly involved in the research. Special consideration will be given to member applicants who are junior faculty at the Assistant Professor level who have not yet obtained federal funding (K, R series NIH or equivalent DoD funding) to support early career development and to serve as seed money to obtain these grants in the future. All research proposals must have IRB approval (or documentation of exemption) at the time of submission.
- Define Background, Specific Aims, Methods, and Significance (2,000 characters or less)
- ICAAC Approval and/or Institutional Review Board Approval (if necessary)
- Describe the Facilities Available (1,000 characters or less)
- Budget (CSAF Grants do not provide salaries for faculty or support staff)
- Copy of your CV
- $20,000 for one year to be used for direct-cost expenditures incurred in the conduct of the proposed research project.
- Award plaque and recognition at CSA 2020 Annual Meeting, June 4-6, in Milwaukee, WI (complimentary registration provided).
- Scheduled time to deliver a brief presentation during the CSA 2021 Annual Meeting to CSA members highlighting project accomplishments during the funded research year (complimentary registration provided).
- Recognition in the CSA Program Book/Mobile App and on the CSA Foundation website.
|January 20, 2020||Application Submission Deadline|
|Late February||Notification to Applicants|
If you have any questions, please contact the CSA office at (978) 927-8330 or Email. Please note the timeline of reviewing and notifying applicants is estimated and dates may vary slightly. Only online applications will be considered.